Wednesday, March 05, 2008

The Written (parts 1-3)


I finished some writing last week and I was sure I would never write anything such as strong. So every time I do write something, there is that fear, but I've sort of gotten past that fear enough times to know that there will always be a stronger idea. It comes along.

Maybe my reason for writing is, I've fallen into a point in my life where I am fantastically nostalgic about my growing up, and I really wanted to go back and explore all those memories. My growing up was really salty, but I want to be honest and prove to myself that I'm not nostalgic for the actual past; I'm nostalgic for being a child again, and for the family I've lost.

That's the entire point, to get yourself to a place that you couldn't have planned or calculated, that is kind of beyond what you think you're capable of. At that moment, you feel like you've done enough when you've gone a little bit too far, because otherwise, if you don't go that little bit too far, later you'll wish you had. You just keep reminding yourself, it's just words on the page.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: