Monday, March 03, 2008

Movie Summer


I checked out “Be Kind Rewind” with K, Marissa and Fisch this past weekend. After the flick we walked around and looked at the “Coming Soon” posters. I knew there were a fistful of must sees for myself this summer but it seemed like every poster I passed I was like that looks good, that looks good, that…you get it. When did the “man” at Hollywood make the decision to start feeding my inner geek with his power TEATS! I put together a list of my summer movie agenda, check it out. I know I am missing a couple…I’ll catch matinees for those (or maybe Brewvies).

21 (March 28th)
Inspired by the book “Bringing Down The House”…Where a group of gifted MIT students took Vegas for millions by counting cards. It’s a great story based on realness but the trailer kind of makes it look flashy with little substance. Not to mention a flavor of the month cast.

Forbidden Kingdom (April 18th)
The first project with Jackie Chan and Jet Li. That’s really all I need to know.

Where in the World is Osama Bin Laden (April 18th)
No, Morgan Spurlock didn’t find him. This film got mixed reviews at Sundance. I like Spurlock. He likes to break balls.


Harold And Kumar Escape Guantanamo (April 25th)
I hope they have Doogie Howser snorting coke in this one…maybe off a unicorn or something. This is a matinee for sure and I better laugh hard.

Iron Man (May 2nd)

The trailers keep getting better and better. R.D.J. is going to RULE as Tony Stark. In my top 3 of the Summer that I NEED to see.

Speed Racer (May 9th)
A live action Wachowski Brothers take on the iconic “Speed”. Matt Fox as Racer X? wouldn’t have been my choice but let’s see how all this plays out.

Indiana Jones 4 (May 22nd)

Not sure why they needed to make a 4th Indy film but hey…I’m in. I hope that Speilberg reins in Lucas. He his muddied up my childhood with those Star Wars prequels. I hope it doesn’t happen again.

The Happening (June 13th)

M. Night and an apocalyptic theme, teats on a reatz. Even when he misfires (Signs, The Village) he’s still dope. And it comes out on Friday the 13th. Spooky.

The Incredible Hulk (June 13th)
Ed Norton re-wrote the screenplay for this one. He is incorporating a BUNCH of mythology (I.E. The Prometheus Myth) and I drool over ISHT like that. I didn’t think Bana’s Hulk was horrible but I am anxious to see how Norton handles the role and the material. I think he is one of the best actors working. Tony Stark (R.D.J.) has a guest spot in this. First rule about Hulk.

WALL-E (June 27th)
The last Robot on Earth and he kind of looks like ET. I’m thinking it’s more like the true Hollywood story of R2-D2. Elektra says this is the #1 movie of the summer. Kids and their cartoons.

Hellboy 2 (July 11th)
So far the animated Hellboy movies (I.E. “Sword Of Storms”) rock more than the live action flicks. This one looks to shake it up. Mike M. and Del Toro say that this one is more about folklore and fairy tales than pulp. You know what happens when Del Toro takes on fairy tales.

The Dark Knight (July 18th)
We ALL need to posse up to this one. This is the movie event of 2008.

X Files 2 (July 25th)
X Files in the 90’s is what LOST is to me now. I NEED answers.

Choke (August 1st)
I missed this at Sundance and it was THE film I wanted to check. Once it was picked up it was fast tracked with a release date in August. Filmed in New Jersey over 25 days with a budget of 3.4 milly…People keep saying this is Sam Rockwell’s break-out roll.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (August 15th)
Me and my cartoons…a 3D CGI animated project set between EP2 and 3. Yeah, Lucas keeps EFFing up my childhood but the whole mythology of the Jedi/Sith gets the better of me. I’d call it a mind trick but that only works on the WEAK minded.

Peace-DAG!
*Big ups to Roo with mac skills.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: