Monday, January 05, 2009

Best Hip Hop Of 2008

 

I couldn’t put my finger on just one LP this past year. Let’s face it…maybe this music isn’t speaking to me anymore. I’m at the point that I would rather hear 5-7 DOPE songs from an artist then a project of 16-20 tracks on it with a hand full of gems. I kept these discs in rotation in 08’.

Q-Tip “The Renaissance”
The Mighty Underdogs “Droppin Science Fiction”
Murs “Murs 4 President”
Evidence “The Layover”
The Roots “Rising Down”
J-Live “Then What Happened”
Common “Universal Mind Control”
The Clipse/Re-Up Gang various FREE Mixtapes


I have heard great things about: Black Milk “Tronic”, Elzhi “The Preface”, Time Machine “Life Is Expensive” , People Under The Stairs “Fun DMC”, Jake One “White Van Music” &
88 Keys “The Death Of Adam”.

What to look for in 2009: The Clipse “Til The Casket Drops”.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: